I’m an architectural drafter, structural design/drafter, creative writer, and father of button-pushers based in Maine. I’m also a tech geek who enjoys experimenting with prosumer level gear.
I am formally trained/educated in utilizing Autodesk’s AutoCAD product since the 2007 LT release version. My knowledge base consists of mainly residential construction techniques from both education and on-the-job detailing. This expanded into commercial structures through structural detailing of connection joints and other intricate requirements that changed based on the complexity or scope of work required.
I can design residential house plans, renovation plans, and almost everything between.
The technology side of my knowledge has been a mixture of wonder, and shear need to solve the issue at hand. In the office environments that I have experienced in the past, there was no dedicated person that was readily available to solve issues that came up, so I became that person. Those journeys of learning how to repair critical pieces of machinery, of infrastructure to be able to have everyone complete their jobs, were invaluable as it allowed me to expand what I could bring to others.
It won’t be perfect, but it will be fully functional, operational, and secure from the beginning.
Paid & Volunteer Work
The Rua Network
Freelance Drafter / Writer / Neighborhood IT Guy
Created as a place to offer multitudes of skills and knowledge of Computer-Aided Drafting, Website Development, Computer Repair, and Woodworking skills honed and crafted over the years. It is a collection of experiments, self-teaching, and hard work.
- Computer repairs consisting of virus removal, hard drive replacement, partition recovery, and operating system re-installation with file backups.
- Website design for individuals and small business from static landing pages to dynamic WordPress based sites and blogs.
- Drafting support converting hard copies of architectural plans to digital for archival purposes and use in future projects.
- “Movie at the Park” setup providing generator power plus laptop, multi-facing projector, sound system, along with complimentary guest WiFi via Point to Point link for neighbors throughout summer.
Patriot Precast, LLC.
Develop complete drawing package for multitude of clients based on architectural and structural project drawings/specifications to include layouts, elevations, and detailed piece sections. When applicable, worked with engineer to develop reinforcement requirements that were incorporated into client submittal.
- Prepared individual piece shop drawings from approved submittal package for fabrication while coordinating with all departments from carpentry, through logistics to ensure pieces are produced for shipping in the order and quantity as the client required.
- Made modifications to submittal package and shop drawings as required to reflect updated as built site conditions for uniform installation and interference avoidance, as well as record sets for future reference.
L&L Structural Engineering Services, Inc.
South Portland, Maine
Senior Structural Design Drafter / Technical Support
Prepared structural framing design drawings and required connection detailing, utilizing both timber and steel framing for small to large residential/commercial projects, ranging from new construction to renovation and rehabilitation.
- Prepared fabrication drawings and modifications in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Responded to shop drawing RFIs from detailers, fabricators and erectors.
- Coordinated with other engineering disciplines, and communicated issues up the chain of command.
- Incorporated structural design changes in various areas of projects using marked up drawings inspected by the final checkers/project engineers.
- Quickly developed the skills necessary to take on the increased responsibility of Senior Structural Designer in the minimum required period of time.
- Designed the structural component of several model homes for a local builder.
- Provided structural design for dozens of residential renovation projects.
Leasure Associates, Inc.
South Portland, Maine
CAD Designer / Technical Support
CADD modeling, drafting and support for the heavy-construction industry and architectural engineering businesses with special emphasis on tunnels and bridges. Development of concrete lift drawings with MEP coordination drawings utilizing AutoCAD MEP 2010, in 2D/3D formats.
- Newtown Creek 41G – $500 million waste water expansion – concrete lift drawings and supporting documents.
- Implemented file sharing system to facilitate ease of construction documentation transfers between clients and sub-contractors.
Northern Maine Community College
Presque Isle, Maine
A.A.S. Computer-Aided Drafting & Design
Graduated with an Associates of Applied Science in Computer-Aided Drafting & Design and am a 30-hour OSHA card holder – completed 30-hour Occupational Safety & Health Training Course in General Industry Safety and Health.
- Presque Isle Snowmobile Club – Architectural Drafter for full set of plans used for construction of new clubhouse.
- Sinawik House #32 & #33 – Architectural Drafter for full set of plans under guidance by Drafting Department head.